COVID-19 Special update
Dear Clients and Parents,
With the increased number of COVID-19 cases in NC, and especially in surrounding counties, as well as the Governor’s decision to close all schools, We have decided that it is time to close the Art of Therapy Center offices until March 30th, consistent with the school closures. In order to best follow the social distancing recommendations by CDC, We think that this is best course of action at this time.
We will be offering tele-mental health services via a HIPAA compliant platform in order to continue you or your child’s care if you so choose. Internet access, a device with a camera and microphone (including smartphones), and an area where there is privacy is required. Most insurances cover this option the same as in-person session. We will follow up with each family individually to determine if you would like to utilize this option over the next three weeks.
If you find that your child is concerned about COVID-19, below are steps to assist with calming their fears without dismissing them.
- Reflect their feeling with empathy
- Reassure them, but also tell them honestly we don’t have all the answers yet
- Affirm that they are loved and safe and have lots of people to take care of them
- Engage in play and creative activities together.
- Take time to keep your own nervous system soothed through calming self-care activities
Thank you for your support and understanding as we navigate through this unique situation together as a community.
Jennifer and Anna
March 17, 2020