Dear Clients and Parents,
You are no doubt aware of the current situation with COVID-19/Coronavirus in our country and the recent diagnoses in NC. As information about the COVID-19 is reported, We want you to know that we’re closely monitoring the news about the evolving situation. At this time, we are encouraging virtual/tele-health counseling sessions.
While the threat to each of us individually remains small, it is important for us to let you know about the steps we have recently taken to protect our clients.
- We maintain high levels of sanitation at all times, but have recently enhanced cleaning in the waiting area and therapy rooms.
- All the toys are sanitized on a daily basis. Sand, Slime, thinking putty, and silly putty has been discarded and play doh will be discarded after one use. All fidgets available in the office are cleaned daily, or more frequently if necessary.
- There is hand sanitizer available in the office, as well as a sink available for hand washing if needed. Using soap and water and washing for 20 seconds is the easiest and best way to prevent the spread of any illness.
- We encourage clients who are exhibiting any symptoms of an acute respiratory illness symptoms (i.e. cough, shortness of breath) or have a fever within the previous 24 hours to stay home and reschedule your appointment. There will be no fee for clients who cancel due to illness. The fee for no-shows will remain in place.
- We offer tele-mental health services via a HIPAA compliant platform in order to continue you or your child’s care. Internet access, a device with a camera and microphone (including smartphones), and an area where there is privacy is required. Please contact us if you would like to reschedule any in-person appointments to tele-mental health appointments.
If you’re concerned about how to talk with your children about COVID-19 or how it effects children, the following are useful resources:
We will continuously evaluate and monitor this situation and make you aware of any changes in policy. Please feel free to call, message through the client portal, or email us with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we navigate through this unique situation together as a community.
Jennifer & Anna
March 16, 2020
Welcome to the Art of Therapy Center!
We are so glad you stopped by. We are a mental health private practice that aims to provide quality therapy to children, teens, adults and their families in Gastonia, Shelby and the surrounding region.
We are so excited to be working with this community to help families find the services they need for their children! Please feel free to learn more about us in the tabs above. Please take a look around and contact us for more information about getting started with us!